The IAES Program gives Indigenous students entering Years 10, 11 or 12 the opportunity to learn more about the Engineering profession and the career opportunities it offers.
During the week- long School the students
- engage in hands-on Engineering activities
- meet young Engineers from EAA’s Sponsoring companies
- meet University Engineering academic and Faculty staff who offer advice on how to enrol in University courses and scholarships available to assist them
- visit engineering sites to see first hand engineering projects in various engineering disciplines
- live on campus for a week with other like-minded Indigenous students from all over Australia
- engage in cultural activities to increase their awareness of Indigenous culture and confidence in cultural identity
- grow in self confidence and return home with heightened career aspirations.
“Research has shown that Indigenous communities are still under represented in the Engineering profession, but there is clear evidence that the EAA’s IAES Program is making a difference.
Although we see doors opening in Industry for Indigenous Graduate Engineers, we believe that it is essential that EAA continues to provide the necessary pathways for young Indigenous people to achieve their potential. “